Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Hair Neglect & Giving Your Hair Some Love

Hey! How have you been? I hope all is well! 


Alright. Let's get to the topic!
So..I recently moved to Washington D.C. and I am still getting adjusted to..life and the weather. LOL 

In the midst of this transition, I have been neglecting my hair and throwing it in a bun. Lo and behold, one night, I was playing in my hair, and I frowned. It felt SO DRY. I also didn't like the way it sounded (dry sounds..yes that is a weird description! Let me live beloved!). It sounded like hay rubbing together (I'm also being a bit dramatic). So I had to stop neglecting my hair and show it some love! 
T I R E D bun.

See the ends? The effects of hair neglect. :(


Bantu Knots. Prep for detangle and deep condition.


This picture makes me LAUGH like no other! 
Naked hair. See the curlies? :)



Clean hair. Come on "baby hurr"!



 S H R I N K A G E and lazy twist using homemade hair cream

Products Used: 



  • Aphogee Curlific Texture Treatment- I prepooed with this one because my hair was REALLY dry. Follow the directions because the longer it sits, the more your hair can feel dry afterwards (it contains protein).
  • TRESemme Luxurious Moisture Shampoo- It is a trial size because I am testing out the product (money saver!!).
  • Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner- I am trying to use up the rest of this product. 
  • Grapeseed Oil- Used for detangling before pre poo. 


If you guys have any methods for reviving neglected hair, let me know and comment below!



Brie.




No comments:

Post a Comment