Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Picture Heavy Puff/Pompadour Tutorial

Hey guys! I hope you all are doing well. This is the first post of 2015 woo!!
I recently celebrated my six year natural hair anniversary (December 21, 2009) and decided to post one of my well worn hairstyles: DA PUFF. There is a method to my puff. And I warn you: this will be a picture-heavy tutorial.



1. Start off with unstyled hair. 
   


2. Section off front part of your hair and "pick" the remaining hair at the roots for volume. I do this for a more fuller puff.
 


 3. **Optional** Use whatever holding agent around the perimeter of your head. I used Curl's Control Paste for the edges, and used my Denman to further slick down my edges. 
  


4. Place hair (not sectioned off) into a puff. I used a clean knee-high to create this puff.
 

"What are you going to do with the front section?" I'm glad you asked! 


5. Take the ends of the front section and create a small puff in the front (called a pompadour) and pin the ends once you achieve your desired pompadour. 
 
 



Or you can make a slanted pompadour... 
  
 


Or you can loosely twist the front section, create a pompadour and pin the ends. You get a textured pompadour...
 


Or you can create a Janelle Monae styled pompadour (Hint: it's in the flick of the wrist)... 
 


Or you can just go back to making the original puff/pompadour like I did. haha
Back view of puff/pompadour






I hope this helps. Let me know how you style your puffs in the comments! 

Talk to you soon.


Brie. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment